so guess who’s back? (Back again)
Feeling slightly more mentally stable this week, although not that much.
So last week I explored Norwich. It’s very pretty, and it is very much sinking in that I’m not in Hull anymore. Hence slight depression.
Got a room in halls, to which my parents said they can’t afford £7000 a year, and I had to turn it down.
I had to search for houses! With randomers! ANXIETY OVERLOAD!!!
And basically I have been having an anxiety attack all week so yay fun.
Therefore I decided to make my Grandma’s custard creams! Here is the recipe:
225g plain flour
225g custard powder
And an oven preheated to 190C
- So, first of all you’ll need to cream the butter and sugar until pale in colour. Add a dash of vanilla essence, and the custard powder and mix until bright yellow in colour.
- Add the egg and the flour and mix to form a dough. Use a little milk if necessary.
- Sprinkle some flour into the surface, and roll the dough out until it’s about 3-4mm thick.
- Using a biscuit cutter, cut shapes out as evenly as possible. Arrange in greased baking trays.
- Bake in the oven until lightly coloured (7-10 mins). Leave to cool.
- Next, make some basic butter icing with butter, icing sugar, and lemon juice. When the biscuits have cooled, try and find some that match as closely as possible, and sandwich together with the buttercream.
Hope everyone’s ok out there 🙂
Apologies for this post. Idk if it makes sense because I don’t.