So I have been AWOL for a while. Let me tell you why…
So as I type, I am crashing on my cousin’s floor in Norwich. I moved down on Sunday, despite having nowhere to live. To summarise my housing struggle:
- UEA accommodation was ridiculously expensive. The room they offered me was >£7000 a year, so I had to turn it down. Shame on them for charging students so much!
- Started the house hunt. Was part of a group of 4, but they faffed around so much that I joined a group of 5 who were more on the ball.
- Got a message from this group of five telling me that they were moving into a 4 bed house.
- House hunting again: joined a group of 6, booked viewings for 6 bed houses. One person bailed.
- House hunted for 5 bed houses, booked a viewing. 1 person bailed.
- Signed a contract for a 4 person house. THEY ALL BAILED AND DIDNT TELL ME.
- So at this point I had to move down to Norwich. Crashed on my cousin’s floor. Hopefully signing for a room tonight.
- Tl;dr: people are dicks.
I am so stressed. I keep having anxiety attacks and have broken down more than a few times this week.
On a happier note, I had my first lecture yesterday. I can tell I’m really gonna love my courseeven though there are only 7 of us on it! My lecturers are awesome. The coordinator asked “who likes stationery? I love stationery. You can finally use one of those notebooks that you have just sitting on your notebook shelf in this course!” and I was like “HOW DOES SHE KNOW I HAVE A NOTEBOOK SHELF???”. So yeah, we’ll get along great!
Going out with my friend from my BA for drinks tonight, which will be good :). Fingers crossed for the next few days.
Hope everyone’s ok out there!