So there comes a certain point where you start to really miss the people you used to live with. For me, that has been the past week. Obviously I missed them over summer, but this last fortnight, it’s become so real that I’m not living with them anymore. And I miss them.
There also comes a point where you start to daydream about the food they used to make, and so today’s segment brings you…
Courtesy of my lovely housemate Maya.
To make this heavenly treat, you will need:
250g/8oz digestive biscuits
125g/4oz soft light brown sugar
3tbsp cocoa powder
1 beaten egg
- Your first step is to grease a sandwich tin, and crush the digestive biscuits. I love this part because if you crush the biscuits manually with a rolling pin, you can really go to town and release pent-up rage. Also it’s nice to see chunks of biscuit in the cake. Alternatively, blitzing them in a mixer will be faster and neater, but whatever floats your boat.
- Melt the butter and sugar together over a low heat. Next, stir in the cocoa until smooth, and remove from the heat to add the marshmallows and egg.
- Stir in the crushed biscuits and pack the whole mixture into your prepared tin.
- Chill in the fridge until set.
- DEVOUR IT. This stuff is addictive, and was a popular addition to our fridge.
How good is that? Sorry, channeling my inner Ina Garten there…
Hope everyone’s ok out there. If not, make this cake and all your troubles will go away*.
*momentarily at least.