Foodie Saturdays this week!
So after a little scare this morning, I decided to rearrange my schedule (!) and do some baking earlier in the week than planned to calm down.
ANYWAY. To make these biscuits, you will need:
225g light brown sugar
340g self raising flour + 1 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
1 tablespoon of golden syrup
1 teaspoon of ground ginger but you can add more to make it a bit stronger
Optional pinch of salt
AND an oven preheated to 150C.
- First of all, double all of those ingredients because this dough tastes incredible raw and you will eat half of the mix before you bake it.
- Cream the butter and sugar together, and add the egg and golden syrup. If, like me, you’re doing it electronically, please scrape the golden syrup into the mix off the spoon, and don’t drizzle it in amongst moving blades. Unless you like having sticky strands of syrup splattered up the sides (you’re welcome for the tongue twister).
- Sift in the flour, bicarb and ginger, and give it a good mix.
- Scoop the dough out with a teeny tiny ice cream scoop (or your hands if you’re like me) and roll into balls, placing them apart on a baking sheet. You don’t have to make them even either because they’re comforting and homemade.
- Put them in the oven for 10-15 mins until golden. It doesn’t matter if they’re still a bit squishy because they go lovely and chewy when cool.
- After 10 minutes, transfer them to a cooling rack.
Hope everyone’s ok out there!
Follow me on Bloglovin’
Follow me on Facebook