Song for the day: Irresistible by Fall Out Boy ft Demi Lovato
Because my boys + I was listening to this song when I was baking so
Yeah I’ve been baking again! I’ve come home for the weekend because I’ve been so stressed out and anxious and I just need to chill for a bit. I was reunited with my mixer and ingredients and my alcohol so I went a bit experimental and came up with these.
Chocolatey and Chambord-y and raspberry-y and rich-y.
To make these sweet treats, you will need:
110g self-raising flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
40g cocoa powder
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
100g raspberry jam
and an oven preheated to 180C.
- You know the drill: cream the butter and the sugar until pale, and beat in the vanilla and the eggs.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder, along with the cocoa, and give it a good mix.
- Divide amongst 12 cupcake cases and bake for about 14 minutes, or until the top is springy to the touch and a skewer comes out clean.
- Take them out and leave to cool. Core the cupcakes and fill each one with a teaspoon of jam.
For the icing, mix together:
280g icing sugar, sifted
140g unsalted butter
2 tablespoons Chambord liqueur.
5. Swirl over the top to cover the jam, and decorate however you want (I used hundreds and thousands 🙂 )
Now I’m going to go and get ready to see Deadpool with my cousin. Cannot wait to just put my mind in another place for a while!
By the way, have you voted in my reading poll yet? It ends soon! Vote here.
Hope you’re all ok out there!
Follow me on Bloglovin’.