Song for the day: Rock Bottom by Hailee Steinfeld ft DNCE
OMG I got nominated for the Liebster Award again! I never thought I’d get nominated once, let alone twice! Thank you to Caitlin at Little Ginger Blog 🙂 you’re awesome, and the nomination was a ray of sunshine amongst the tirade of abuse I’ve had from middle aged men on Twitter this morning…
So, here we go with my answers!
1. Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging because I was about to embark on my Masters degree in a new city at a new university. On my own. I have clinical depression and social anxiety, so I knew that it wasn’t going to be fun, and I wanted to document my experiences 🙂
2. Describe your blog in 3 words.
Eclectic, messy, me!
3. Favourite sweet treat?
PUDDING! Trifle, tiramisu, cheesecake… Just give it to me. I can show that dessert a good time!
4. What is your favourite movie of all time?
PITCH PERFECT!!!! Guaranteed to give me a lift – wait that’s my next question…
Love Actually. (Why is that gif so tiny???) I am dreading watching it this Christmas though! RIP Alan Rickman 😭
5. How do you cheer yourself up when you’re feeling down?
Let me direct you to THIS POST about how I deal with my Bad Days…
6. What’s your favourite holiday destination?
I am a massive Francophile and I adore visiting France, especially Paris. I do really want to visit the Maldives at some point though – they just look so beautiful!
7. What was the last book you read?
Le Renard de Morlange by Alain Surget. It’s a French fairytale that I’m translating, about a Duke who’s a bit of a dick and gets cursed to turn into a fox. It’s actually pretty good!
8. If you could live anywhere in the world where would you live?
I would love to live in Paris! Or Lyon/Granada again. Or a cute littl fairytale village in Cornwall. Or London. I can’t decide if I want village life or a bustling city! What can I say; I’m an enigma.
9. If you could tell 10 year old you anything, what would it be?
Enjoy it while it lasts.
10. If you had a secret super identity who would it be? What are their/your super powers?
Oooh good question. I would love to have the power to change people’s thoughts. Or fly. Or teleport. But if I could make people behave better it would make my life so much easier! I would just be an ordinary citizen but no-one would be able to know it was me controlling them!
11. Summarise your ideal day.
I would wake up feeling perfectly refreshed. I would have coffee and a bacon sandwich, then leave for a job I enjoy doing. I make a significant contribution to the world. I earn enough to be able to browse ASOS at dinner and buy a beautiful dress not in the sale that flatters me perfectly. I finish work at 4 and come home to my family. My husband kisses me and we make tea together. I have nothing to do except spend time with my family, and maybe watch a film before going to bed. I am not stressed, anxious or depressed. I am content.
Daisy at promptsbydee
Caitlin at throughthemirror
Gwennan at twentysomethingmeltdown
Geet at getalongwithgeet
Amy at paleaspiration
To answer the following questions:
- What was your dream job when you were little?
- What is it now?
- What is your favourite type of blog post to read?
- What’s your favourite blog topic?
- What are your best physical features?
- Fave motivational song?
- What would be your ideal gift to give?
- What about receiving?
- What’s your favourite memory?
- Who was your first celebrity crush?
- Which blogger inspires you most?
Have fun guys!
I’m cheating on Day 29 of my blog challenge – my bucketlist can be found here.
Also ~HERE IS A REMINDER TO JOIN MY NICE MESSAGE CHAIN!~
Hope everyone’s ok out there!